About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Star of the Sea Bloodmobile Drive

            On Sunday, my mother and I went to the American Red Cross bloodmobile in downtown Oceanside in front of the Star of The Sea. I had not prepared exactly for the weather and was surprised to see just how much fog there was. As Miss California Teen Achieve, I usually wear dresses or a nice suit to my pageant events but for some strange reason, I thought it would be warmer at 8 am so I dressed in a nice dress with high heels but quickly realized my mistake as the wind roared by and I wrapped myself in a blanket. My mother decided to go get my clothes but while she was gone, I was faced with a long list of people who had appointments to give blood. I think there were about 10 people in the one half an hour that I was there. I could not believe how many people were both walk-ins and had appointments. They were so dedicated to helping save lives that it didn’t even matter that the wait was 30 minutes out in the cold-that right there, is dedication. Not only were these wonderful people so dedicated to their ministry, they also were the most friendly blood donators I had ever encountered. They made the time pass so fast, and there was not even a moment that we were not all laughing. Its moments like this were I am so thankful for what I do and am so glad that I was able to meet and be part of something like that-because it is so inspiring to me as a person and also to my reign. I hope that in the future, even after I give up my title, I will be able to remember times like this and always keep a smile on my face, even when times are tough.


No comments:

Post a Comment