About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Bosworth Garden Residential Open House

            Two days after the Walk for Life, my mom and I drove down to El Cajon for an event with the East County Chamber of Commerce. I was a bit unsure about this event because I have never had an event that was actually located in a residential home. Usually I have events at stores, restaurants or offices-so having it in a home was unusual. But then once I walked in-I realized that it was an open house for an assisted living home. The nurses and owner of the open house were so kind and excited to have me there and take me on a tour of the home. The elderly people that were sitting on the couch, watching TV and taking walks through the backyard with their walkers were also very happy to have us there. Some were quiet and didn’t say much and were observant. Others were spunkier and wanted to crack jokes which were just funny to listen to. Later on, more of the chamber members and new Miss El Cajon, Miss El Cajon Teen, Miss Rancho San Diego, and Miss Rancho San Diego Teen arrived. All of the 4 pageant queens, seeing as this was one of their first events, were a little nervous at first but once they saw me working the room and talking to the residents and staff, they began to emerge slowly from their shy bubble. They were the nicest and most beautiful girls and I really hope to be able to see them at the last few events that I do with the chamber. It was nice to see the next and new generation of queens that will be taking over after I am gone. I hope that my new queen, Miss California Teen Achieve 2011, will have a year like I did-and bond with queens from all over the county. Because once you make relationships as queen, they can last for a lifetime.














No comments:

Post a Comment