About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Miss Carlsbad 2011 Pageant


            As the beginning of April rolls in, so do the majority of the pageants. My close friends on the Oceanside court have only about a month left of their reign (their pageant being the first event I ever did), and the Miss Carlsbad pageant came on this last passed Saturday evening. For those of you that have been following my blog from the beginning, you might remember that the Miss Carlsbad pageant was the first and only other pageant I competed in and now here I was going to it not as a contestant but as a visiting queen. It was strange for me, at first, to watch all my friends/past competitors up on that stage and remembering how it had felt to me to be up on that stage, afraid but excited and hoping with all my heart that I would be queen. Here I am, almost a year later, Miss California Teen Achieve, and not even close to being the same person that I was a year ago. From the day I set foot on that Carlsbad stage, it has been a huge journey for me and in becoming the person I am today. For all of you girls out there who are choosing to be in a pageant I give you all my utmost support. It has been one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me and trust me when I say-you have no idea of how amazing the experience will be. Just competing and going through the entire experience of being in a pageant, gives you a ray of confidence that you never could have gotten from anywhere else. You see yourself in a different light and begin to challenge yourself in ways you never once thought possible. I am so thankful for every moment of my pageant experience and it has undoubtedly been the most life changing event in my life. It is what you make it-so make it great.













No comments:

Post a Comment