About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Miss Pride of Vista and Miss Teen Pride of Vista Pageant

            
            Last night, after I had work training, I went to the Miss Pride of Vista and Miss Teen Pride of Vista Pageant with my mother and Aunt. I went there to support Candice Robinette, the outgoing and last Miss Teen Tri City to give up her title, as well as support my friend Rory Devalon who was competing in the pageant herself. The turnout was very great and I was really proud of all the supportive queens and past queens that were there to cheer the girls on stage on. I was sitting next to my friends from Oceanside, a few of the queens from their Miss court as well as my friend Vanessa from the Vista court. Just being with them made the whole night so much more fun for we could be loud and cheer together for all of the girls and just have a blast together. That’s one of the best part about going to pageants-is to be able to support the girls up there on stage and give them idea about what their reign would be like. When Candace went on stage to give her final speech, I actually began to tear up because it just reminded me of how my reign is coming to a close and how in a few months-I will be right up on stage saying the same thing, talking about how much this year has meant to me and what things I’ve learned from that year. Being queen has changed my whole life-it has given me confidence I didn’t even know I had. It had made me see myself and the world in a different light: a bigger, better light. And, to the next queen, I wish her the best of luck and too be prepared for the memory of a lifetime-because you will never have this same opportunity twice.












No comments:

Post a Comment