About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

RSD Orthodontics Ribbon Cutting

            On Monday afternoon, my father and I drove to El Cajon for the grand opening and ribbon cutting for RSD Dental Group. When we arrived I was excited to see that there were already two queens there: Miss Rancho San Diego Teen and Miss Teen El Cajon along with the entire El Cajon Chamber of Commerce. When I went in, I was introduce to Cheryl Tran who is the Main Owner of the Dental group. She took Miss Rancho San Diego Teen and I on a short tour throughout the new business and I couldn’t believe how updated and clean it was! Every room had computers and TV’s and even a machine that used water and drills to create a new crown for your tooth in a little as 8 minutes! I can’t believe how much technology has improved from a few years ago, when I had braces. Later on, after the ribbon cutting there was a raffle and I was shocked because my dad and I actually both won! I won a t-shirt that said SMILE and a water bottle, while my dad won a free whitening service that was worth around $500. I was so happy because normally I have terrible luck when it comes to raffles. But the luck didn’t stop there-the dentistry team decided to give all three of us queens free whitening services so it didn’t matter that we didn’t win originally. I have never been toa ribbon cutting where the people were so giving and thankful for the support I gave by coming. This is why I absolutely love doing events in El Cajon-because the community is so warm, welcoming and thankful. They make you so happy that you took time out of your day to come to their community. I am very excited for my next event, so that I can once again have a similar experience; and make my reign as queen even more memorable.












No comments:

Post a Comment