About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

San Diego Facial Rejuvenation Medical Center Ribbon Cutting

            On Friday, My dad and I went down to El Cajon during the evening to take part in a grand opening and ribbon cutting for the new business of San Diego Facial Rejuvenation. I walked in and saw that there was the entire chamber of commerce of East County there as well as many supportive friends and family for the Dr. Paul and his wife. The entire office was quite small and thin so it was a bit difficult to maneuver through and see all the different rooms, their equipment and what they did but I learned that they also do things in the office such as permanent makeup, and Botox and facial injections. I had one of the interns there to give me a short tour around and basically tell me what each room did, how much the different things cost and what they did for you and how often you had to get it redone.  One interesting thing that I discovered was that a lot of the people who came to support the doctor were past patients of his or colleagues from the past. It was really neat to see so many friends and family coming to support him and that he was able to share his accomplishments with a lot of different people. That’s something that I hope I am to experience when I finally become a doctor-that a lot of my past colleagues, fellow medical students, and friends will be able to come and share that time with me when all my hard work has finally paid off. Because its not the fact that you are now opening the business, its too remember how far you’ve come and the lessons you’ve taken to get there. That’s what really counts when you have worked hard to get to, and achieve your goals. So I was really proud to be able to share this experience with the doctor and his family because it was a one in a lifetime thing, and therefore priceless.







No comments:

Post a Comment