About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Last Home Town Buffet Ribbon Cutting



Last weekend, my dad and I went to the last Home Town Buffet ribbon cutting in Chula Vista. It was a windy, cloudy day and I was surprised that there weren’t actually a lot of people that were there. I decided to work first and eat afterwards. I handed out balloons to the small children that were entering, leaving and standing outside of the restaurant. They were so cute and happy to see the balloons and also have someone with a pretty crown and banners give them to them. There was a Latin pop music station there, and the home town buffet bee that was the mascot, was dancing off to the music and making everybody laugh and be silly. It was really funny, to get everyone out of their comfort zone and dance to the pop hits and the mariachi band that came to hype everyone with their music. It just is so great for me to see the entire community getting together, and to enjoy and support something like a grand reopening. Even the mayor came to endorse and thank Home Town Buffet for reopening to the community and everyone was very excited and pleased. It is so great to be a part of this community event and see how people work together to bring themselves together. If all it takes is a little music, silly dancing, and food, then we should be doing something like that in every neighborhood. Fellowship with others is priceless, and a community of love is stronger than anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment