About Me

My photo
Hello everyone! My name is Mercedes Harvey and I am your current Miss California Teen Achieve 2010. This is a blog I will update weekly of all the great events and fantastic/life changing opportunities that serving as your queen has allowed me to have. I will be uploading pictures and videos and then telling you a summary of what they are about. What I hope to accomplish by this blog is to help young women become interested in participating in the Miss California Teen Achieve Pageant. It is truly a one of a kind scholarship pageant based on scholastic achievement and community service, not just beauty. It will increase your self confidence, help you possibly win scholarship money and meet amazing friends for life, and teach you valuable assets about yourself. Don’t miss out! :)

Monday, January 24, 2011

Liberty Income Tax Grand Opening

On Wednesday, My mother and I went down to Oceanside for the ribbon cutting for Liberty Tax Service. It was being held by a member of the Oceanside Chamber of Commerce, Lori Lawson and they were going to have a small party for their grand opening. Surprisingly enough, when my mother and I arrived at the establishment, we were the only other people (other than the workers themselves) who were there to support the grand reopening .Sure, there were a few passer buyers who helped themselves to a delicious hot dog, homemade cookie, chips and soda, but none of them really stopped in to take a look. Lori and her husband were extremely generous when it came to being warm and welcoming to us. They let us spin a wheel to win some prizes, and my mom and I won a T-shirt and a tattoo. Not a real tattoo of course, just one of those kinds where you add hot water and it sticks on your arm. We took a lot of pictures, especially because all of the workers were dressed in “Statue of Liberty” costumes. I have never met or heard of a tax company where they dress up and have fun. Usually the thought of taxes is really long and boring but Liberty Tax really makes it user-friendly and has fantastic customer service. Lori was really open to explaining to us what makes her business different from other tax companies, and I was really impressed. She even took us on a tour of her business and explained what all the different machines and boxes in the back room meant and what they did. Overall, it was a very low key and relaxing ribbon cutting. I cannot wait until I get to meet Lori again, for she was such a wonderful woman to meet and be around. It is encouraging to see strong, business like woman working in the economy and making it stronger every day.








No comments:

Post a Comment